Friday, June 27, 2008

Roses

Just a post to prove that I CAN keep plants alive! (it's the potted ones I get as gifts that I manage to kill, lol), although it's probably not fair for me to take any of the credit because my Grandma Hubbs spent many years culitvating the soil here and growing beautiful plants. I'm sure she had a LOT to do with the fact that it's so easy to grow things in this yard (for those of you who don't know, we bought the house from my grandparents when we got married).


These are blooms from some of the different roses planted in my yard (and this pic doesn't even show all of the roses that I have - I think there are still two others not pictured here). A couple of the roses here were planted by my Grandma Hubbs, and the rest we planted. The kind of pinkish/coral-colored rose at the top middle of the page is a Dolly Parton rose that I got for Mother's Day. I have always wanted a Dolly Parton rose because I think my grandma would have liked it (and I do too). :)


1 comment:

The McLain Family said...

I love that you have Grandma's dirt and that her roses are still blooming. And yes she would love that you have a Dolly Parton rose.