Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Going home

Finally on day 4, the pediatrician said Katie's jaundice had dropped enough that she could go home (thank goodness!). Kevin still wasn't feeling good, so he brought me breakfast and laid on the bed in my room until they said we could leave. It's too bad you can't really see Katie's face, because even though she's so young, you can see that she holds her mouth just like Kevin does when she's sleeping.
All dressed to go home! My mom got her ready in this cutie pink dress from Kevin's mom. The bonnet she's wearing in this pic is one my Grandma Thelma made. It's made from a handkerchief; the tradition is that the baby is supposed to wear it home from the hospital when they're born, then carry it in their wedding later. Katie didn't get to wear it home because it was SO windy that day. We were afraid her head would be cold.
Miss Katie - check out the socks (from my mom). They look like little ballet slippers. :)
So the hat doesn't match the dress (in style, I mean), but it's warm. Kevin, however, would tell you that Ohio State items match ANY outfit. :)
Finally home! I was trying to cut the bands off her wrist & ankle without cutting her, which was terrifying. I did manage to NOT cut her. lol

No comments: