Monday, July 14, 2008

Cincinnati Zoo

As a fun day before I went back to work, Kevin & I decided to take Katie to the Cincinnati Zoo. At first, it was going to be just us, but we decided to invite my mom, and then invited my Aunt April too. Amy happened to call me while we were on our way to the zoo to say she got off work early that day, so she joined us. It was nice to spend the day with family. We had PERFECT weather, and Katie had a wonderful first visit. I'm sure she'll remember it always (but in case she doesn't, we bought her a little stuffed giraffe to commemorate the day). :)


Some of the animals we saw. The giraffes were the coolest because they were all stretching and straining to get the leaves off the tip-top of the trees. Although the lion looks dead, I'm pretty sure he was just napping...at least I think. The other animals...
My mom & Aunt April Me, Kevin, & Katie
Katie & Aunt Amy
(Katie just looks upset because she didn't get the funnel cake she was asking for)
The best alligator wranglers in Ohio.
Give us a call for all your gator removal needs!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love funnel cakes too, Katie!

Tracy said...

What an awesome day to go to the zoo! = ) Her first time! Loved the photos. (And I don't blame her for pouting over a missed funnel cake!)