Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mother's Day and Father's Day

This year, Kevin and I had the pleasure of celebrating our first Father's Day and Mother's Day. We are so thankful that the Lord has given us such a sweet baby girl. It seems impossible that after only two months, we can't imagine life without her.
For Father's Day, I had a shirt made for Kevin that says "I love Katie Holmes" and I had a onesie made for Katie that says "I'm Katie Holmes *No autographs please."
"I hope you have a happy Father's Day Daddy, but please don't ask me for my autograph!"
Notice that as usual, Katie is smiling because she's at her favorite place in the world - her changing pad. Kevin tells her that if he could build her changing areas all over the house, he would. Can you imagine what the living room would look like! lol
Katie had the pleasure of attending her first Mother/Daughter Banquet when she was just eleven days old. I won a prize for having the youngest baby there.
Pictured left to right (back row): my Aunt Barb, my cousin Ashley, Me & Katie, Amy, Starrbug (front row): Barb's mother (Gloria) and my Grandma Thelma.

Four generations.
The older I get, the more I realize how blessed I have been to have grown up with both sets of grandparents living. They had more influence in my life than they probably realize. I am thankful that Katie has all her grandparents to grow up with and learn from (and that they can babysit occasionally). :)

3 comments:

Our Family said...

I LOVE K. Lauren's onesie! And Kevin's shirt!!! Too funny!!!! Where is your shirt that says "Mother of Katie Holmes"??? She is so cute smiling all of the time. Congrats you guys. I hope I meet her soon!!

Tracy said...

Hilarious! What a great idea! I was hoping to see you in YOUR "Katie Holmes Mom" shirt. Great photos. Wow, 4 generations! That IS amazing. What a gift and blessing. = )

Becky said...

Those shirts are AWESOME!!!